Wednesday

Salvaging Knowledge.


















Some old encyclopedias were on the way out at school, old enough to be entertaining, not old enough that anyone had any respect. Even though we can get images of anything on google, a page from an actual book, on the original paper is worth so much more to include in your sketchbook than a printout. There was an awful lot of tearing. I saved the pages I thought were most interesting, some of the titles are just as good as the pictures. Darwin is my definitely my favourite, though Mr Iguanodon comes a close second. I still feel sad that we didn't scan them in to begin with. Tearing apart books is not an activity I participate in with great enthusiasm.
It's not often I'll post images which I haven't taken myself, but I've scanned these from pages long detached from their original books, and a lot of the relative copyrights appear in the images themselves. There seems to be a lot of debate about proper crediting of images on the internet at the moment. I do quite enjoy the back cover of this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment